CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cakes




I have always loved to bake, so I decided that I would try my hand at cakes. I was considering going to school, but when I found out the nearest one was in Tennessee I opted out. I have found out that you can pretty much learn how to do anything on You Tube, so I have been watching all the how to videos I can find. This is my second cake. My first one I dont think turned out so well, but in my defense I didnt have any of the proper tools. So after a trip Walmart and Hobby Lobby I am all set for now. Of course there are more things I will get, but I can at least practice now. This cake is for Craig and Mandys Halloween party. I hope to keep practicing and eventually(hopefully) get good enough to make a career at it. Kayden added the two small pumpkins on top and Rachel added the witch finger on the middle layer.

5 comments:

Heather said...

That is awesome!!!! You done a great job:)

Stephanie said...

That is a great cake! How cute....almost too cute to eat:)

April said...

Wow, that is an awesome cake. You did a wonderful job!! Sorry, just had to comment. I think I saw you at the Girl Scout signup, but was too chicken to say "hey, I've read your blog". Oh, well. Anyway, love the cake!! You look like you would be great at it.

Lesley said...

Oh my goodness!!! Chasity that is some talent you have!! It sure doesn't look like a beginner's cake!

I decided a couple of years ago that I wanted to learn how too and I can tell you that it's not easy! It took me HOURS to make the simplest cakes. I loved trying out the stacked layers and foundant accents though! And you are so right about YouTube - that is how I learned all that I know about sewing!

Brooke said...

Great job Chas!

AND WE THOUGHT THE SNOW WAS OVER!!